Registered in England and Wales company # 03449181.
Conwy Valley Systems Limited,
West Acre, Llys Helyg, Deganwy
CONWY LL31 9BN, United Kingdom.
VAT# GB 741 5190 48
A Geoscience Wales founding member.
PETROG includes patent protected technology.
Release date : 2017-03-03
This release is primarily a bug-fix and tidying release, preparatory to a major new release with significant new functionality, which will be called v4. Please contact us for more information on any of the below entries or for information on v4.0
- Fixed bug that the target number of grain measurements was reported as being reached without taking account of skips.
- Bug fix: when reporting data to a spreadsheet from a project with many wells, some samples could be duplicated in the report.
- Timestamps (used in the database for QA/QC) have been converted to strings because of a bug in third-party software which Can't handle proper timestamps.
- Bug fix for AfterSpin error in Edit Quantitative Compositional data (introduced at v3.6)
- Bug fix for Reporting to Word, which had been giving an Access Violation
- Bug fix: when listing presets in the Manage Presets window, extra entries were being added to the list.
- Some project defaults were not persistent (e.g. no. of Radio button columns)
- Brightness now updates when brightness slider is adjusted in Camera Settings
- Modifications for concrete petrography database, with new dictionaries and rules based on user input.
- Modifications for ceramic petrography database, with new dictionaries and rules based on user input.
- Included .xlsx in options for file import
- Tidied user questions during logging and editing Quantitative Composition.
- Stepping stage Upper Limit For Y wasn't allowed to go above its default; user can now over-ride.
- Cosmetic improvements to Edit Quantitative Composition window
- Added search box to tree list.
- Import from spreadsheet now includes textural data as well as compositional
- Import formats supported now includes PetroLedge, for a user moving their data from a PetroLedge database, as well as Exemplar and Touchstone.
- Column headings in Triangular Diagrams now show (%, Total) and (%, Proportion)
- Fix for bug reported by a user: quantitative textural name and data lists had different counts)
- Modifications to make it easier to use oversize slides: displaying the relative positions as well as absolute, and improvements implemented because origins were not correct on some microscopes.
- Bug fix: Clicking in the panel in the Joypad to send the stage to that position is now working as expected
- Whole database searches could hang – now fixed; improvements to searches also made.
- Improvements to camera pre-sets:
can now successfully create one preset for all objectives for PPL and one preset for all objectives for XPL - this was not possible previously.
- Resolved issues with camera settings, as reported by a user
- Zoom function now available in camera settings mode
- About Petrog now reports additional information on drives, to help problem-solving when users have full disks or disk names are changed by the system administrator. User is warned if available disk space is not enough for the images about to be captured.
- Updates to accommodate Zeiss compatibility with 64-bit operating systems.
Modifications to make it easier to use oversize slides: displaying the relative positions as well as absolute, and improvements implemented because origins were not correct on some microscopes..